so i’m pretty sure i’ve made it obvious that i’m not summer’s biggest fan. don’t get me wrong… i like the concept of summertime. i just cannot stand the heat. i hate hate hate hate it. i would much appreciate a constant 75-80F temperature than have highs that feel like i’m baking in an oven.
that being said i have a love / hate relationship with fall. i mainly hate that we don’t ever get a true fall down south. sure it may cool off but that only means that the temperatures are in the 80s and not the 90s+. it just feels weird to be thinking about making anything fall related when i’m still sweating bullets outside.
other than the lack of a change in temperature, i love fall. it’s by far my favorite season. i love the theoretical smells and tastes of fall. plus fall is FOOTBALL SEASON!! holla!!
what does fall have to do with these cookies? eh nothing in particular but they would totally make an awesome addition to your tailgate table.
i hadn’t planned on making these cookies… i was flipping through martha’s cookie cookbook thinking about jumping back on the martha’s cookie madness banwagon and bam. see when i evacuated to my mom’s house for some
much need ac quality time during isaac, we were walking through target – restocking pantries / fridges – and i decided they totally needed some cookies at their house. and the good people at nestle tollhouse had a package that was looking totally amazing… dark chocolate delight cookies… mmm. wouldn’t you know that during my martha flipping, i found a cookie that i could make a few adjustments to and have like 5 dozen dark chocolate delights?!? score!!
double dark chocolate chip cookies
- 1 1/4 c (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350F. line your baking pans with parchment paper or a silpat.
- sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- beat together the sugar, butter and salt until fluffy. add the eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- slowly add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. fold in the chocolate chips and shavings.
- using your cookie scoop, place balls of cookie dough on your prepared baking sheet; slightly flatten the tops of the cookies. bake until set, 8-10 min. transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
a couple confessions…. as i’m retyping this recipe, i totally noticed that there is supposed to be some dark brown sugar in it. um yeah let’s notice, the amount isn’t given because i completely left it out. don’t worry!! these are awesome without it. also, my cookies were perfectly baked at 9 min.
can i also tell y’all how bummed i am that out of all the pictures i took, there was never a good one of the plate that these were hanging out on! i was wandering the aisles at t.j. maxx and saw the cutest owl plate and was so pumped to get a picture with it… bummer.
recipe adapted from: martha stewart’s cookie cookbook