you may remember that i took a little bit of time off….
ok it’s been more like a month but hey… who’s counting.
honestly, it was time much needed. like i mentioned, trying to keep up with a blog while working full time and living, ya know, life was starting to stress me out. and it was because i was trying to keep up with the joneses. it has just become too much to try to stick to a schedule so i’m back with some changes…
biggest change of all… i’m not sticking to a strict schedule. so no more t/th posts each week. i’ll probably post weekly and it will most likely be published on thursdays because wednesdays are typically my day off from going to the gym after work so i can come home and get some blog writing and photoediting done. so holla!!
but that’s not what you come here for right?
how about i make up for taking a month off with some brownies? how about some boozy brownies? how about some boozy brownies that have browned butter?
i thought so.
i don’t know what to tell you about these brownies other than you need to get to your kitchen and make them. like for reals. these brownies are fudgy brownies, which if you ask the majority of the world, they would agree that really those are the only kind of brownie that should exist. plus these have booze baked directly in them. the original recipe calls for kahlua but i switched that out for some bailey’s. and then they get topped with some bailey’s spiked browned butter “icing”…. i don’t know if it’s really an “icing” but it’s thicker than a glaze and thinner than a buttercream so we’ll go with icing. and we know how i feel about browned butter.
so run to your kitchen and make these.
triple b brownies
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 c light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c bailey’s, or another irish cream liqueur
- browned butter bailey’s icing (recipe below)
- preheat oven to 350F. line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- in the boil of a double boiler, melt together the chocolate chips and butter, stirring often. remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- while the chocolate is cooling, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. in a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs and bailey’s. beat in the melted chocolate mixture until well mixed. add in the dry ingredients; mixing until it is just combined.
- pour the brownie mixture in the prepared pan; bake 40-50 min or until the top cracks and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- prepare icing. once icing is prepared, pour over the brownies and spread in an even layer. put in the fridge for the icing to set. use a sharp knife to cut chilled brownies.
browned butter bailey’s icing
- 1/4 c (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tbs bailey’s
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- 2 – 2-1/4 c powdered sugar, sifted
- put butter in a saucepan and heat until lightly browned. remove from heat and add in the bailey’s and heavy cream. whisk in the powdered sugar until you have a pourable, spreadable consistency; it will be slightly thick but you want to be able to pour and spread it easily.
recipe lightly adapted from: recipe girl