i feel that i owe you an explanation…
i have been taking time away from the blog.
i know that i did this once before but this moment will last a little longer.
you see i’ve been trying really hard to establish a schedule of posting on tuesdays / thursdays but it got overwhelming for me. you might be sitting there questioning how it could be so overwhelming that i need to step away for a bit…
trying to keep up was beginning to feel like a second job and it was beginning to stress me out. i know that there are many bloggers who are infinitely more successful and wider read than my little corner of the blogosphere who do in fact run their blogs as a secondary career. and my hat is WAY off to them. but for me it wasn’t any fun any more. so i’m stepping back. i’m taking a blogcation if you will.
and when i’m done all that r&r, i’ll be back with some more yumminess although it probably won’t be on a regular schedule, which i think was my big problem. i may go back to at least once a week. we’ll see.
if you’ve stopped by my little corner of the world, thank you.
want to know how to feel real old lady? live in a condo complex with college students.
nothing will make you feel as old lady as that will.
i mean it.
and this is coming from the broad that goes to bed by 10P everynight (including weekends).
see my complex is relatively close to campus but not so close that it’s over run by college kids. normally it’s nice and quiet. but a year ago, these two jokers moved in next door and now i’m counting down the days until the end of july and they move out. oh and i’m praying who ever moves in will be nice quiet people with no big loud dogs. please pray for me.
until then, let’s comfort ourselves with brownies.
these aren’t your traditional flour based brownie. these are another almond flour/meal based recipe for the week. but if you didn’t make them yourself or you didn’t know that they weren’t traditional all purpose flour, you wouldn’t know any different. they are dense and fudgy and everything you want a brownie to be. i bumped up the espresso powdered a bit to not only give the dark chocolate a little more depth but also bring out the coffee flavor out a bit. the white chocolate chips replaced the m&m’s in tracey’s recipe because i figure the white chocolate represented the “cream” in my coffee-ish brownies.
almond flour brownies
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, browned and cooled to room temp
- 5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tbs instant espress powder
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c almond flour/meal
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350F. spray a 8×8 in baking pan with cooking spray. line with aluminum foil, leaving some overhang so you can lift the brownies out the pan once thery’re baked. spray foil with cooking spray.
- in the bowl of a double boiler, melt together the browned butter and dark chocolate. whisk in the espresso powder and cocoa powder. set aside to cool to room temp.
- in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture; whisk to combine. stir in the almond flour until just combined. stir in the white chocolate chips. pour into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly. bake 28-30 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. remove from the oven and cool completely.
recipe slightly adapted from: tracey’s culinary adventures
this post is linked up to these fun link parties! what’s cookin’ wednesday, what’s in your kitchen wednesday, taste and tell thursdays