i would like to make a public plea right here and now to the makers of after sun lotion to PLEASE for the love of all things holy to STOP putting glitter and other sparkly stuff in their lotions.
i mean i know there is the standard after sun lotion out there that has been around for like ages but i’d something that smells yummy too. ya know something that smells like the tropics?
and it seems like if i want to have a tropically smelling after sun lotion i have to get the glittery, sparkly lotion. that would be all fine and dandy if i were either a 5 year old or a stripper but i’m neither so i’d appreciate a yummy smelling lotion that doesn’t make me feel like either.
so i’m looking at you bath and body works. subtle shimmer my ass.
can we agree to take the glitter and sparkly stuff out of the lotion?
i’ll make you some cookie bars.
these are really yummy and should buy me some serious leeway with the lotion people. i mean they’re totally the love child of an oatmeal cookie and brownie’s cousin, blondie. c’mon. how can that not be good? plus you throw some toffee bits in there with the oats in there with the two different types of chocolate chips. oh.my.geez.
oatmeal cookie bars
- 1-3/4 c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 c rolled oats
- 3/4 c (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 egg yolk, room temp
- 3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 c toffee bits
- preheat oven to 375F. spray a 9×13 in baking pan with cooking spray.
- whisk together the flour, baking soda and oats in a bowl; set aside. beat together the butter, sugars, vanilla, salt, egg, and egg yolk until fluffy, about 2 min. add the dry ingredients, chocolate chips and toffee bits; mix until just combined. press into the prepared pan and bake 18-20 until lightly golden brown around the edges. remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
so how soon after lotion hq receives these do you think the new sparkleless lotions will come out?
recipe adapted from: mel’s kitchen cafe