can we just talk about how obnoxiously excited i am that they are planning a sequel to pitch perfect?
like for real.
and you’re sitting there in one of two camps:
camp no. 1: what is pitch perfect?
camp no. 2: freaking right!!
if you’re in camp no. 1 let me give you a quick briefing in case you don’t feel like imdb’ing this jazz. pitch perfect is a total sleeper hit movie based on competive college acapella groups. it’s totally awesome and was filmed on lsu’s campus. it has a bunch of pretty awesome actors but rebel wilson is in it and has some epic one liners. horizontal running anyone?
(i told you it would be a quick briefing.)
total point is that you need to get yourself a copy of this movie and watch it. like on repeat.
and then watch the breakfast club.
because it totally makes sense and because the breakfast club is only like one of the best movies EVER.
and we could have a movie marathon (because let’s face it, i’m a grandma and trying to watch 2 movies in a row is stretching my limit of not taking a nap) with some of this updated pudding stuff to stuff our faces with.
and yes i’m aware that i “officially” titled the post a “chocolate chip icebox pie” because let’s face it, unless you’re one of a few people, you might not have known off the bat what i meant by pudding stuff.
this updated pudding stuff was inspired by my friend cailan. we were walking around the grocery store on good friday and she was talking about making a version of her pudding stuff with chocolate chip cookies. while we were walking around the store, i didn’t think much about it other than “that sounds delicious.” but then i was trying to figure out a second dessert for easter sunday since i don’t eat coconut cream pie and this came back to me. and now it comes to you!
trust me when i tell you, your world has been made much better now that this recipe is out there for you to devour!
you’ll have to excuse it’s inability to take a pretty picture. it really is a messy but ever so delicious dessert.
chocolate chip icebox pie
- 1 package chips ahoy chocolate chunks cookies
- 1 (3 oz) box vanilla instant pudding
- 1-1/2 c whole milk
- 1-1/2 c heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs amaretto
- hot fudge sauce
- pour the heavy whipping cream into a bowl and begin to whip on medium speed until it begins to thicken. when the cream begins to thicken, add the sugar and amaretto and continue to whip until soft peaks form.
- while the cream is whipping, combine the pudding mix and milk; stir well. slowly add the pudding mixture to the whip cream mixture and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- in a 9 in flat bottom bowl, place an even layer of the cookies, breaking them up if needed. spread half of the boozy vanilla whip cream mixture over the cookies; repeat the process and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 24 hours.
- when ready to serve, top with hot fudge sauce before scooping out individual servings.