can we institute adult spring break???
like a real life mandatory week off??
i mean i don’t feel like i’m asking for too much. i’m not asking for 3 months in the summer. i’m just asking for a week that i don’t have to take my vacation time for because that’s ya know… for those random friday afternoons i feel like taking a nap.
i think we should make that the law of the land.
adult spring break.
we’re gonna make it happen.
and i’ll make you this cake for it.
see it’s another one of those things that i make that i don’t eat.
which one of my coworkers asked me about… how i could make these cakes and things and not eat them. my simple reply. my waistline appreciates it. and honestly, i just like to bake and make people happy with it.
strawberry cake was another work birthday request and it just so happened that i had watched trisha yearwood make her grandmother’s strawberry cupcakes. i knew it was meant to be. i did a little bit more digging and decided that a white chocolate cream cheese frosting would be the perfect compliment because ya know… i love me some strawberries and cream cheese.
but don’t worry.
i can tell you everyone at the office LOVED this cake!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz) box strawberry jello
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c water
- white chocolate cream cheese frosting (recipe below)
- preheat oven to 350F. grease two 9 in cake pans.
- with a mixer, beat together the cake mix, strawberry jello, vegetable oil, strawberries, eggs and water. divide evenly among prepared pans; bake 22-25 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. remove from the oven and let cool 10 min in the pans before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely. once the cakes are cooled completely, frosted with the white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
white chocolate cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
- 6 oz white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 c powdered sugar
- beat together the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. add the melted white chocolate and vanilla; beat until smooth. reduce the speed to low and add the powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. spread on / in between the strawberry cake.