i’ve been trying to pump myself up about sharing some crawfish etouffee with you but then i remembered about these little goodies. i had kinda forgotten about these little gems until i was going through the pictures on my phone and i was like DUH!! how in the heck did i forget about these?!? i couldn’t believe myself.
the best thing about these little cakes is that i maaaaaay have found a perfect vanilla cupcake. for real. they are that good. and then you throw some caramel that’s been spiked with coffee up on top of there. sold.
coffee caramel glazed mini bundts
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c (1 stick) + 1/4 c (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 c milk, room temp
- 1/2 c dark brown sugar
- 1/3 c strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- preheat your oven to 350F. grease and flour your mini bundt pan (or a standard 12 cup muffin tin will work too).
- mix together the flour and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- beat together the sugar, 1/2 c butter, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla until the mixture is light and fluffy. beat in the eggs, one at a time. reduce speed and add the dry ingredients until just about blended. add the milk, mixing until everything is just well blended. divide the batter among the mini bundt cups.
- bake 10 min before rotating the pan and rapping it on the rack to deflate them a bit. continue baking 10-12 min more until a toothpick comes out clean. cool completely on a wire rack before inverting the cakes out.
- make the glaze: combine the brown sugar, coffee, remaining butter and salt in a small saucepan. over high heat and stirring often, bring the mixture to a boil and boil until reduced by half, about 3 min. remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and heavy cream. allow to cool 20 min before adding the powdered sugar.
- spoon the glaze over the cakes and let set for about 30 min.
y’all for real.
these were freaking fantastic.
and on top of that, shauna wrote another cookbook! it’s called pure vanilla. now… i don’t own this cookbook (yet) nor do i know shauna BUT i might have mentioned how much i like good vanilla. so in that spirit, i figure i would tell you about the cookbook. that’s it.
oh and i absolutely must share this picture of these babies that i posted on instagram (@pinktigerblog) the night i made them…
i mean i absolutely have no words.
ok maybe i have these: go make these. now.
recipe from: piece of cake