so remember back in the day when i would get on a really good blogging roll? yeah me neither. and it seems like it’s not happening anytime soon. i am trying to be really good about posting but then i get really distracted and well… nothing.
i mean things like an 18 wheeler rear-ending a tanker truck and shutting down the interstate for over 24 hours and causing mass chaotic traffic happens. yes. that would have been last night. and yes they did have to create a gigantic fireball on the interstate to clear the isobutene off of the road.
and to be honest… i totally baked these lemon squares waaaaaaay back in may for mother’s day lunch. so why am i waiting to just post these? well since when i first started martha’s cookie madness, i scheduled out what i would bake each week and may was back in the chocolate chip cookie phase so these just got postponed. but now they’re here for you to totally enjoy. because they are super yummy.
- 3/4 c (1 1/2 sticks) butter, frozen
- 1 3/4 c + 3 tbs flour
- 3/4 c powdered sugar + more for sprinkling
- 3/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c whole milk
- preheat oven to 350F. butter / spray a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- make the crust: grate butter on a grater with large holes; set aside. whisk together the 1 3/4 c flour, 3/4 c powdered sugar and 3/4 tsp salt in a large bowl; stir in butter until combined and mixture is crumbly. transfer to the prepared glass pan and press evenly onto the bottom. freeze 15 min; bake until slightly golden, about 15-20 min. remove from oven but leave it on.
- make the filling: whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, 3 tbs flour and remaining salt in a bowl until smooth. stir in the lemon juice and milk. pour over the hot crust.
- reduce the oven to 325F and bake until filling is set and edges are slightly golden brown, about 18 min. let cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
p.s. i think i use too many silly adjectives. but i totally use them in real life too. it’s sad.
recipe from: martha stewart’s cookie cookbook