so for some reason i’ve had a complete aversion to the blog this week…. i don’t really know why but i’m back.
and i’ve brought you cookies as a peace present.
these are the last chocolate chip cookies for martha’s cookie madness. and like i’ve told you before, these aren’t actually martha’s cookies. these are cookies that i’ve grown up eating because my dad has always made them. he even made them my first day of my first real job out of college so that i would make friends; i guess he wasn’t sure my ability to talk to a wall wouldn’t work….
these cookies are your standard chocolate chip cookies but they have the surprise benefit of rice krispies mixed right in there. they are a crispy (no pun intended… ok maybe slightly intended) cookie rather than a chewy one. and while i’m preferential to chewy, these bring back memories so i enjoy them. they’re really yummy with a cold glass of milk.
chocolate chip rice krispie cookies
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c (1 stick) softened, unsalted butter
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c rice krispies
- 1 c sugar
- preheat oven to 350F. line your baking sheets with parchment or a silpat. unlike most other cookie recipes, you need to at least spray your cookie sheets with nonstick spray if you don’t want to use parchment or a silpat.
- stir together flour and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- in a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar and salt until well combined. add egg and vanilla; beat well. add in the flour mixture and mix well. stir in rice krispies and chocolate chips. drop by tablespoons onto the greased/prepared cookie sheets.
- bake 10-12 min until lightly golden. remove to a cooling rack and cool all the way.
oh and these cookies will DISAPPEAR quickly. like they were gone within a couple hours. and by that i mean between after lunch to 500P, all that was left was crumbs. we’re currently investigating who the office cookie monster is…
recipe from: my dad