it’s friday, friday, gonna get down on friday!
ok so that was a) really cheesy and b) not exactly true.
i mean it is friday. but what exactly does “gonna get down on friday” mean? maybe it’s because i’m older than 14 but i’m pretty sure what i think it means is not exactly what rebecca black means when she sings it.
(p.s. how does this girl really have a wikipedia page??!?)
it’s friday which means it’s the first day of the super regionals AND another edition of martha’s cookie madness. these cookies would be great for a super regional tailgate in the shadows of the box (provided you didn’t have anyone that was deathly allergic to nuts). these cookies provide a great combination of peanut and chocolate. plus you throw in a pinch of warmth from the cinnamon. deliciousness.
martha’s chunky peanut, chocolate and cinnamon cookies
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 c (1 1/2 sticks) softened, unsalted butter
- 1/2 c smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperture
- 1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 c roasted, salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla
- preheat oven to 350F. line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- whisk together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl, set aside.
- beat butter and peanut butter together in a bowl until well combined. add sugars and salt, mix until fluffy, about 2 min. mix in eggs until combined. add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. fold in your chocolate chips, peanuts and vanilla. refrigerate dough until it’s slightly firm, about 15 min.
- scoop out your dough with your cookie scoop and put on your prepared cookie sheets, about 2 in apart. flatten slightly. bake 12-13 min or until just golden. transfer to a cookie rack to cool completely.
that’s it for martha’s chocolate chip cookies. i have one more chocolate chip cookie recipe for next week but it’s a family recipe and not from martha. sue me. but because this is officially martha’s last chocolate chip cookie, i’ll tell you my favorite of hers… surprise surprise… it was the very first one, the soft and chewy. all have been good, minus the banana walnut since i think bananas are disgusting and didn’t have one although everyone else loved them. have you been keeping up? which one was your favorite?
hope you enjoy your weekend. i plan to!
oh and geaux tigers!!
recipe from: martha stewart’s cookie cookbook