happy national chocolate chip cookie day!!
(a day late)
did you know that existed?
i didn’t and i’m kinda unsure why that is. i mean i know all about pie day. and then ice cream ups everyone with an entire MONTH dedicated to its cool self. but national chocolate chip cookie day?! i was totally unaware of this until yesterday…. which is officially national chocolate chip cookie day. also the day i was going to make martha’s thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies. so now i’m a day late and dollar short to the national chocolate chip cookie day party but i do show up bearing gifts.
see i originally planned to make all my martha’s cookie madness cookies on sunday so i can bring them to work monday. well seeing as sunday was mother’s day and i was busy showing my mom some fried chicken love (recipe coming soon!), i didn’t make the cookies then. (which apparently didn’t work out too well for one of the guys i work with who was thinking he could have cookies for breakfast – sorry!) and then i was going to make them monday after i volunteered at a golf tournament but apparently sitting under a tent all day at hole numero 7 whips your behind and i crashed out at 9P.
so that brings me to yesterday….
national chocolate chip cookie day.
well i may not have had them to post ON national chocolate chip cookie day BUUUUUT i did make them on the correct day. that has to count for something right?
martha’s thin and crispy chocolate chip cookie
- 1 1/4 c (2 1/2 sticks) softened, unsalted butter
- 3/4 c light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/4 c water – I KNOW! weird.
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350F. line your baking sheets with parchment or a silpat.
- whisk together the flour and baking soda in a bowl. set aside.
- cream together butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. add vanilla, eggs and water; mix until well combined. slowly add flour and baking soda mixture until just combined. stir in your chocolate chips.
- using your cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough into balls about 2 in apart. bake cookies, rotating halfway – martha says to cookie for 20-25 min but mine only took 12. let cool on the baking sheet 1-2 min before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
next food holiday, i’ll hopefully be a little more prepared.
but i have some exciting things coming soon so i think that makes up for it….