so i started slacking again…
i’ve been meaning to complete this post but then i get lazy and just don’t. i don’t have a good excuse other than i’ve been trying to become a gym rat and it’s not exactly going as planned. let me explain…
i go to the gym after work. i would love to be that person that goes before going to the office to start my day off right but there is a snowball’s chance in hell that i wake up at 430a to go workout. oh but i usually try and have the best intentions for that but the alarm goes off and i’m just not getting out of bed. i can hear you now saying… “why 430a?? surely you would have some time before work…” um negative ghostrider. see i would have to be at the gym for when they open at 5a to get an hour run and/or weights in to get home for 615a to take a shower. so back to the point of me going after work… going after work means bringing a gym bag (which is all cute and purple and gold) with all my clothes and water bottle. well in the past couple of weeks have resulted in me leaving various articles of necessary clothing at home: shoes, socks, shirt and sports bras. oh and a water bottle. so now i have an emergency gym bag stashed in my car. oh and to continue on this not quite working out for me trend, i broke the elliptical a few weeks ago. it wasn’t a permanent break but still… i think it was a sign.
but now i’m back into gym rat mode and so far so good.
also so good?
cake mix cookies. see after screwing up becoming a gym rat, what you need is something easy in your life and cake mix cookies are just that. i’ve been craving chocolate chip cookies lately (actually i still am) and these satisfied that for the moment. they’re super easy, which between screwing up the gym rat thing and making mint chocolate whoopie pies the same day, makes my life a little less hectic. i found this recipe a couple years ago in the food section of the paper and now i’m sharing them with you. i have to be honest and say that to me these cookies don’t replace homemade, from scratch chocolate chip cookies but they feed the craving. oh and if you happen to have a friend that’s pregnant, the cookies make them (and their significant other) a very happy person.
cake mix chocolate chip cookies
- 1 box cake mix – i usually use a yellow or white cake mix but i’ve been wanting to try chocolate
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 2 tbs water
- 2 eggs
- 1 c chocolate chips – i usually use semi-sweet but you could use whatever floats your fancy that day… when i try the chocolate cake mix, i’ll use white chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350F. line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat if you have one.
- pour dry cake mix into a mixing bowl and whisk to break up the chunks. add oil, water and eggs. stir to blend well. stir in the chocolate chips. (if you wanted to add 1/2 c of nuts to the recipe, add it now. i don’t because i’m not a huge fan of nuts in baked goods.)
- use your handy cookie scoop and drop the cookie dough on the cookie sheets about an inch apart.
- bake 10-12 min or until lightly browned. let sit on the cookie sheet while you put the second sheet in the oven then remove to cool on a cookie rack.
see super easy. i feel like i say that a lot but i like simple. i like labor intensive too but i like simple. this doesn’t even require a mixer (hand held or stand)… just a bowl and a spoon.