i have an affinity for honey. if i’m being really honest, i have an affinity for anything sweet but i do happen to really enjoy honey. it’s deliciousness. it sweetens while it lends a subtle flavor to whatever you’re cooking or baking. and seriously… have you ever gone to a honey vendor? they’ll tell you about every kind of variety they have and you get to taste each! it’s amazing how each variety have a slightly different taste from each other.
and then there’s vanilla. more specifically, vanilla beans. i mean they reference vanilla when they talk about something being “boring” but i happen to think if vanilla is done right, it’s better than chocolate.
oh and we know i’m in love with my little bundt cupcake pan. it’s awesomeness in a metal form.
these little cakes combines all of into a tasty little package.
lemon honey mini bundt cakes
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 c sugar
- 13 tbs (1 1/2 stick + 1 tbs) softened, unsalted butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 vanilla bean, split with seeds scraped (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c honey – if you can find a good local honey vendor, use them!
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- preheat oven to 325F. spray your mini bundt pan with cooking spray; or grease with butter and flour.
- sift together the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- combine the lemon zest and sugar in a small bowl.
- beat the butter on medium speed until creamy and smooth. add lemon sugar mixture and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- scrape down the edge of the bowl and then add the eggs, beating well after each addition. reduce mixer speed and add the flour mixture in thirds until each each addition is just blended.
- spoon the batter into the prepared mini bundt pans. bake 17 – 20 mins.
- as the cakes are cooling, combine the vanilla bean, seeds, water, honey, and butter into a small saucepan. heat over low heat until the sugar is just dissolved and then raise the heat to medium to cook for 5 mins. remove from heat and let cool for 10 mins.
- while the cakes are still warm, brush each bundt with the honey syrup. after you’ve brushed each once, go ahead and really “gild the lily” and dip each into the honey syrup. let cool completely.
honey + vanilla + lemon… double yay!!
recipe from: une gamine dans la cuisine