so we’ve established that i really like cookies (see here, here, and here). they are seriously one of the best type of desserts like ever. i mean they are easily portable and they’re finger foods. is there anything more classic than a chocolate chip or sugar cookie? i think not.
what else do i really like?
lemon cake. lemon cookies. lemon bars. lemon chicken. lemon water.
i like lemon.
want more proof? there are some nights i’m too lazy to pull out much more than a pot of boiling water and some pasta for dinner… i put lemon juice in there with my butter, salt and pepper. it’s fantastic. you should try it.
what else do you need to try?
these lemon sugar cookies. for real. they’re like lemon sugar cookie crack. and they’re simple. and they stay soft which i like.
lemon sugar cookies
- 2 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c (2 sticks) softened, unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c sugar (for rolling the cookies in)
- preheat your oven to 350F. line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- beat together butter, sugar, and salt until fluffy. add lemon zest, egg, vanilla and lemon juice and beat that until fluffy. slowly add your flour mixture.
- scoop out your cookies (using your handy dandy cookie scoop) into the extra sugar and roll it around. place on your baking sheet about 1 1/2in apart.
- bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
see easy. and yummy
recipe from: two peas & their pod