so you would think that if your electricity went out as you were going to bed and was out while you were sleeping that it wouldn’t effect your sleep in the least… well you would be flat out wrong. especially if you had just gone to the grocery store the night before and woke up at 2a and all you could think about was whether the chicken, pork and bacon you bought for dinner this week had gone bad… yeah. oh and then you start worrying you’re going to over sleep for work because your alarm is on your phone which is now almost dead because you can’t charge it. yeah. that was my night last night. so you’ll excuse me if this post isn’t filled with witty commentary and some really awesome backstory. this is going to be short and sweet.
so we’ve already discussed that i think maple is a perfect fall flavor. and really i do. what is better than maple syrup? not too much. then you throw some pecans in these blondies. plus they’re blondies. i mean cakey, moist, delicious blondies. oh did i mention that this was probably the first thing i’ve brought to work where everyone walked into my office and asked me what they were? yeah. they were that good. even one coworker admitted to eating 3 and not feeling guilty. yeah.
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 10 tbs melted butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c pecan pieces
preheat oven to 350F
combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- in another, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup. add the eggs and vanilla – you don’t have to beat this in a mixer or anything, just whisk until combined
- pour the wet into the dry and stir until combined.
- stir in the pecan pieces.
- spread into a greased 9×13 pand. bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- sprinkle with powdered sugar if you want to
recipe from: baked bree